Friday 28 September 2012

New weight loss mantra

So I read somewhere, unfortunately I cannot remember where that:

It takes four weeks for you to notice your body changing,
eight weeks for your friends,
and twelve weeks for the rest of the world.
Give it twelve weeks, do not quit.

I've had enough of fad diets, I'll lose weight on them but a few weeks later I will be bigger than when I started. So for twelve weeks I am not going on a diet, I am going on a life style change. More trips to the gym and healthier eating. I am going to cut down on wheat and dairy as I know bread and cheese, however much I love them, they do not love my waistline.

I am not massively overweight, just a bit chubby. I am 5'3 and I weigh 10 stone 3 pounds (143 lb.) my bmi is 25.1 which is just into the overweight range. I ideally would like to loose a a bit more than a stone. I think my goal is 8 stone 9 pounds (121 lb.) which would take me in the middle of the healthy bmi at 21.2.

I am hoping that putting this up onto the internet will encourage me to keep at it. I do not feel confident to post a before photo right now. I have taken one, so I am hoping after 12 weeks I will feel confident to post a before and after.

My problem areas are in my tummy hips and thighs so I hope to target them in my work outs.
This is what I did yesterday:

50 russian twists
50 sit ups
50 russian twists
50 bicycles
50 sit ups
50 bicycles
50 sit ups
50 russian twists
100 squats with 10kg on shoulders

stretch

15 mins on crosstrainer

stretch

15 mins on rowing machine

finished with a big stretch.

What I ate yesterday:
Pear,
leftover stir-fry,
banana,
peri peri chicken, roast veg and brown rice,
3 squares of 85% dark chocolate.

Have you got any healthy ideas on weight loss and have tips? please email me with them or post them in a comment below

Love Rhi xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment