Friday 9 November 2012

Cheep makeup buys

I ran out of my sleek brow kit so I ran to Superdrug to get some more, only to find that they have hiked up the price!!!! It's now a rip off at £8.50! And they haven't done any changes or anything!so I was like sod that! It's a cheek (and I'm kinda skint) so I had a browse to see what other companies had to offer. Turns out MUA have brought out their own brow kit for I£3.50 (the same as the sleek mark up from £5 to £8.50 ) so I thought I'd give it a go, if worse comes to worse I'll wait until pay-day and get the extortionate sleek brow kit. Urrrr they've made me so angry!!!

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
The brush is shit! Thank god I haven't chucked out the brushes that came with the sleek kit so I will be using them instead. The mid brown is exactly the same as the powder in the light sleek kit (fab!) but the gel is a bit gloopy. So far it's not a great buy, BUT I'm going to stick it out hopefully it will grow on me (until payday at least) *fingers crossed*

Superdrug had a 3 for 2 offer and I wanted some a smokey brow palate (i picked up from MUA) and I'm impressed! Good pigmentation and nice long brush. I also needed a replacement nude eyeliner and rimmel have brought outa new one, so I got this as my free item, I'll do anything for bigger looking eyes!!!

Rhi x

2 comments:

  1. Ohh, I have been wanting to try this pallet for ages - is it good?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The eye shadows or the brow kit?

    I really like the eye shadows, they have good pigmentation and stay on well, my only complaint is that some of the colours are too similar.

    The brow kit is great, by mixing the colours I am able to get a colour that suits my brows, plus I can have them more natural in the day and use more gel at night to make them sleeker and more dressed up. But the brush is comes with is crap so you would need to use your own instead.

    I love the fact that both are cheep enough that I do not worry about putting them into my handbag so I can top up and dress up my face abit if I am going for drinks after work.

    Hope that helps!
    I'd go for it!
    Please let me know how you get on with it?!

    These are the first MUA products I've tried, do you know of any other products you would recommend me trying?

    ReplyDelete