Sunday 5 August 2012

Arty Saturday

So I went to the tate yesterday! I loved it, so i've decided that for as long as I am freelancing two days a week, and I can afford to top up my oyster I will go to a museum or a gallery every week.

I collegue from work raved about a show called Little Sun so I went to see this first. I really like interactive shows, but what I liked even more are the beautiful graphic postcards, so I got one of each. I want to frame them and put them all on the wall I loved them that much! I made my own 'light drawing'  and I was given the code 12080415FMR so I could see my picture on the website, I cannot find it though :(





I then went to see the Damien Hirst exhibition. I've never really liked his work to be honest, I thought it was all hype, but I was pleasantly surprised. I actually enjoyed it.




I then went to see see the Edvard Munch exhibition. I really like his photographic self portraits, they were proberly one of the first 'myspace style' pictures (face in 3/4, camera held in one outststreached arm) which made me giggle. Now I know I can take photos of myself and say I am not being cheesy I am inspired by Mr Munch! Unfortionally there were no postcards of these photos, but I did get a few postcards of some of his paintings I really liked. 

As I was in possession of a members card, I decided to have a drink in the members area on the balcony, I have heard people go on about it's view of London, and I was lucky to arrive there in time for sunset, it was beautiful!



I then walked along the Millenium bridge to meet Vis for some pub grub, I don't think the day could have ended any nicer





No comments:

Post a Comment